PacketX is set of ActiveX classes that integrate winpcap packet capture functionality with Visual Basic or any other programming environment supporting Microsoft ActiveX technology.
In brief, PacketX uses winpcap libraries to capture (and optionally filter) network packets. In addition to standard capture mode you can collect network statistics and send raw packets. All captured packets or statistics are encapsulated inside wrapper class and returned to client as events.
You have to install the winpcap library before trying to use the PacketX. If you do not have the winpcap installed the PacketX installation will succeed but it fails when you first try to run it.
» version 3.2 - posted on 2007-03-08
Support for Winpcap 4.0
EULA - End User License Agreement
End-User License Agreement for PacketX ("Software")
Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Beesync Technologies, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
AGREEMENT. After reading this agreement carefully, if you ("Customer") do not agree to all of the terms of this agreement, you may not use this Software. Unless you have a different license agreement signed by Beesync Technologies, Inc. that covers this copy of the Software, your use of this Software indicates your acceptance of this license agreement and warranty. All updates to the Software shall be considered part of the Software and subject to the terms of this Agreement. Changes to this Agreement may accompany updates to the Software, in which case by installing such update Customer accepts the terms of the Agreement as changed. The Agreement is not otherwise subject to addition, amendment, modification, or exception unless in writing signed by an officer of both Customer and Beesync Technologies, Inc. This Software is owned by Beesync Technologies, Inc. and is protected by national copyright laws and international copyright treaties.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND PROHIBITIONS. This Software is licensed to you. You are not obtaining title to the Software or any copyrights. You may not sublicense, rent, lease, convey, modify, translate, convert to another programming language, decompile, or disassemble the Software for any purpose. The license may be transferred to another if you keep no copies of the Software. Permission must be obtained before mirroring or redistributing the evaluation copies of the Software.
2. USE AND EVALUATION PERIOD. You may use one copy of this Software on one client computer. A copy of this Software is considered in use when loaded into temporary memory (i.e., RAM) and/or installed on a permanent storage device (i.e., hard disk, CD-ROM, etc.). You may also use a copy of the Software on a home or portable computer, provided only one copy of the Software is in use at a time. You may use an evaluation copy of the Software for only thirty (30) days in order to determine whether to purchase the Software.
3. MULTI-COMPUTER LICENSES. If this is a multi-computer or network license, Customer may make, install, and use additional copies of the Software up to the number of copies authorized in the registration documentation. If this is a non-educational unlimited site license, Customer may install and use the Software on any or all of the Customer's computers within a single site (multiple locations within a municipality are considered a single site), and Customer's employees may also install and use a copy of the Software on a home or portable computer. If this is an educational unlimited site license, Customer may install and use the Software on any or all of the Customer's computers but use is restricted to non-commercial use by students, faculty and staff using campus facilities and to off-campus non-commercial use by students, faculty and staff primarily for school business.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS AND BEESYNC TECHNOLOGIES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THIS SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
5. LIMITATION ON DAMAGES. NEITHER BEESYNC TECHNOLOGIES NOR ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THIS SOFTWARE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH SOFTWARE EVEN IF BEESYNC TECHNOLOGIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL BEESYNC TECHNOLOGIES LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR THE LICENSE TO USE THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF CLAIM. THE PERSON USING THE SOFTWARE BEARS ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
Beesync Technologies, Inc.